THE STORY OF YOU DIED
Early in the crafting of You Died we made a decision: if we're going to do this, let's aim for perfection. No compromises.
Full-colour printing throughout. High-grade 140 gsm paper. The finest Italian printer and carefully selected materials.
Using the medium of the physical book, we set out to create an art object that would be the crown jewel of any fan's Dark Souls collection. No skimping on production values in an attempt to trim costs and shift extra units at a lower price. Top-tier quality for both the fan who cares and the collector who knows the difference.
Just as architects from centuries past built cathedrals in an attempt to prompt a feeling of transcendence, we hoped to accomplish the same feat in miniature. A cathedral in your hands. Not accidentally featuring a cover motif borrowing shape language from the rose window at the heart of Anor Londo.
We're proud to present the result of our efforts: You Died. Designed and constructed to feel timeless. Just like the game that inspired it.
One classic deserves another.
A Tour Of You Died
PRINTED & BOUND IN FLORENCE, ITALY
- Dimensions: 9.21 x 6.93 inches (234 x 176 mm)
- Text: 357 full-colour pages, 80+ illustrations and lavish in-game photos
- Cover: "Anor Londo rose window" motif debossed with matte-black foil inlay on black cloth (blind deboss on "Way of White" and leather editions)
- Cover & spine: silver foil emboss (or gold foil on the "Way of White" edition)
- Paper: 140gsm Magno Natural uncoated
- Bindings: Tasmania-brand Italian cloth (black and white editions) / Skivertex premium-grade simulated leather / genuine black Italian leather (Gravelord Servant edition)
- Head & tail bands: black thread (black cloth and leather editions), gold thread on "Way of White" edition
- Silk ribbon marker: scarlet red, 8mm, on black cloth and leather editions (gold silk on "Way of White" edition)
WHAT CRITICS ARE SAYING
The response to You Died has been overwhelming. We set a quality bar for ourselves that we knew would be difficult to achieve. Now, with the book's production complete, we feel confident that Dark Souls fans will be proud to own this luxurious tribute to the game and its obsessive fan community.